When you think of yacht charters, the first places that come to mind are probably the Mediterranean and Caribbean. However, there are a number of other destinations that can be just as enjoyable – sometimes even more so – than these more popular areas. Here are four of the best alternative yacht charter destinations:
The dramatic and pristine beauty of Alaska is a major draw for yacht charters, and it’s easy to see why. With its towering mountains, glaciers, and rain forests, Alaska is one of the most naturally stunning destinations on Earth. It’s also home to some of the best salmon fishing in the world.
As with yacht charters in the Mediterranean, yacht charters in Alaska are most popular during June, July, and August; however, it’s possible to go yacht chartering year-round in Alaska. With its abundance of glaciers and wildlife (including moose, bears, wolves, eagles, porpoises and whales), yacht charters in Alaska can get caught in bad weather or face equipment malfunctions; however, the yacht chartering experience is always exciting and entertaining.
Australia is a vast country with a wide variety of landscapes and scenery, making it an ideal yacht chartering destination. The coastline ranges from rugged and picturesque to sandy and pristine, while the interior features rain forests, eerie deserts, and snow-capped mountains. Australian towns and cities are also rich in culture and history. yacht charters in Australia are most popular from December to February; however, yacht charters can be booked at any time of year.
Like it’s neighbour Down Under, New Zealand’s coastline and interior landscape is equally dramatic and beautiful. It’s also home to the largest sand dunes in the Southern Hemisphere (at Ninety Mile Beach) and the world’s only alpine glaciers. yacht charters in New Zealand are most popular from November to April; however, yacht charters can be booked at any time of year.
Places to visit whilst in New Zealand:
- Milford Sound is a fjord in the southwest of New Zealand’s South Island. It’s one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations, thanks to its dramatic scenery and abundance of wildlife. The sound is named after Sir Thomas Milford, who was governor of the South Island from 1907 to 1909.Milford Sound extends for 15 miles (24 km) from the Tasman Sea to the head of the sound. The sound is over 1,200 feet (365 meters) deep and has been carved by glaciers over millions of years. The walls of the sound range in height from 2,000 to 4,000 feet (600 to 1,200 meters). Milford Sound is part of Te Wahipounam u, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Milford Track is a four-day hiking trail in the Fiordland National Park of New Zealand. The track begins at Lake Te Anau and ends at Milford Sound. It’s considered one of the most beautiful hiking trails in the world, thanks to its dramatic scenery and abundant wildlife.
- The Hooker Valley Track is a one-day hike in the Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park of New Zealand. The track leads to the Tasman glacier, at the base of Mount Cook, New Zealand’s tallest mountain. It provides stunning views of Aoraki/Mount Cook and the surrounding area, including Lake Matheson.
- Abel Tasman National Park is a national park in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s named after Abel Tasman, who was the first European to explore New Zealand’s coastline in 1642. The park includes some of New Zealand’s best beaches.
Mexico is a yacht chartering destination known for its rich culture, stunning natural beauty, and abundance of wildlife. Mexico’s yacht charter destinations include Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cozumel, Cancun, Isla Mujeres, and many others. yacht charters in Mexico are most popular from November to April; however, yacht charters can be booked at any time of year.
- Cabo San Lucas is located on the southern tip of Baja California Sur (the Baja Peninsula). It’s famous for its lively atmosphere, vibrant nightlife, and miles of pristine beaches. It’s also surrounded by towering cliffs that attract mountain climbers. yacht charters in Cabo San Lucas are most popular from November to April; however, yacht charters can be booked at any time of year.
- Puerto Vallarta is situated on the Pacific coast of Mexico. It’s known for its lush jungles, crystal-clear waters, and charming colonial-era architecture. yacht charters in Puerto Vallarta are most popular from November to April; however, yacht charters can be booked at any time of year.
- Mazatlan is located on the Pacific coast of Mexico. It’s known for its beaches, lagoons, and water sports. yacht charters in Mazatlan are most popular from November to April; however, yacht charters can be booked at any time of year.
If you’re looking for an adventure, look no further than yacht charters in Norway. This country is home to some of the most treacherous and challenging sailing routes in the world, as well as some of the most breathtaking scenery. yacht charters in Norway are most popular from May to September; however, yacht charters can be booked at any time of year.
Places to visit in Norway:
- Stavanger: The largest city in Western Norway, home to a number of yacht clubs and marinas.
- Bergen: A world-famous yacht chartering destination located on the West Coast, this city is home to more than 100 islands and islets.
- Norwegian Fjords: The Norwegian Fjords are narrow inlets that penetrate deep into the land. The fjord is usually surrounded by steep rock cliffs. Norway has some of the hilliest and mountainous regions in the world, which is what makes yacht charters so exciting.
The yacht charter destinations listed above are just some of the places to visit when yacht chartering abroad; there are many more yacht charter destinations around the world that you may be interested in checking out.
We will be posting more alternative destinations to whet your appetite throughout January, so you can adventure even further this year.
Contact our charter team today to begin your search, call +44 (0)207 499 5050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org